Thursday, October 13, 2011

Perry Hall Revisited



A lovely post from Diana, a Champlain alumni who now lives in Texas, but returned to campus recently for a visit.
Her Down Home Travel Blog chronicles her food, music and travel adventures.

http://downhometravel.blogspot.com/2011/09/champlain-college.html

Champlain College - Perry Hall

About five years ago, I graduated from Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont. It is by far the best decision that I have ever made in my ENTIRE life. Looking back, it was one of the greatest times of my life. I worked in the Student Life Office and in the Residential Life Department, loved the faculty that taught my classes and I make it a point to go back and visit just about every time I go home to Vermont.

When I was home in September, I set aside an afternoon to go visit campus. There has been a lot that has happened in the past five years since I've graduated, even more if I look back to what it was like my freshman year. Before I headed home, I had contacted my old boss in the Student Life office (more on her in a post to come) and asked if she could give me a tour. "Of Course" was the response. I was pretty excited.

To provide a bit of background, the below picture (May 2009) is the Perry Hall that I knew when I attended Champlain. I lived in a dorm across the street and a few of us would go over and play softball in the HUGE yard behind the house. Oh how it has changed. READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment